Organisational Structure and Working Principles
Organisational Structure and Working principlesThe ISSP is a self-funding association. The Programme consists of:
- Countries which are ISSP members
- The ISSP secretariat (2009-2012): The B.I. and Lucille Cohen Institute for Public Opinion Research, University of Tel Aviv, Israel.
- The ISSP archive
- The ISSP sub-groups drawn up within the ISSP
- Drafting groups for modules
- Methodology research groups
General meetings are held once a year in April or May. A major function of these meetings is to work on modules. At each meeting the next module is finalised, progress on the next but one is reviewed and planning for a third module is begun (drafting groups elected). Programme meetings and surveys are conducted according to the ISSP Working Principles. These set out business procedures for meetings, for conducting surveys and for archiving data.
The working principles are available for download in a word or pdf file. The ISSP Secretariat coordinates official activities within the ISSP. Data and archiving enquiries apart, please direct any general enquiries about the ISSP to the secretariat.